HOA Board - Nov/08 montly meeting minutes
Posted on Nov 10th, 2008
Avian Glen Homeowners Association Board Meeting
November 4, 2008
Present: Cindy Armour, Bob Percy, Bryan Klepinger, Vicki Shafer, Joe Loomis
Armour Management Company – report by Cindy Armour
· Savings account balance as of 10/08 is $52,174.05
· Checking account balance as of 10/08 is $21,298.73
· CD account balance as of 10/08 is$22,776.65
· CD account balance as of 10/08 is $10,000.00
· Mailboxes – Two houses still remain with a green mailbox. New mailboxes are on order and will be replaced, bill with be sent to homeowners. One house has a mailbox post that was painted a different color. Property manager will contact homeowner. One house mail post has fallen down. Property manager will contact homeowner.
COMMON AREA: Carry-over from previous meeting
· Status of landscaping – completed. Cindy will call regarding replacement of dead shrubs/trees. Bill will be authorized to be paid, less irrigation fees, replacement of dead items, and review of contract.
· Light project Cost was $900.00; under budget.
· Rebid Christmas Lights on first island trees at entrances, entrance walls, and wreaths.
o Completed and Sundown won bid at $975.00.
· Irrigation box at front of Pool house needs to be checked. Will be checked in spring. All Irrigation systems are winterized.
· Six Spruce trees newly installed will be removed and ground repaired with a credit.
· Certa Pro will be spraying the pool fence.
· Will rebid contract with Becker for next year (First Class, Engledow, Becker)
o Becker $28,875.00 – an increase of $5,000.00
o First Class $23,932.13
o Salsbery $38,635.47
o Pending contract review, Board will approve landscaping contract with First Class.
· Snow removal contract; last year we used A & R. Will also bid the landscapers for snow removal.
o A and R 3” to 5” $625.00
o Salsbery 3” to 5” $425.00 (Won’t do snow removal without landscaping contract.)
o LA 3” to 5” $700.00
o Contract awarded to A and R.
· New stump in landscape area (near South entrance) - in the landscaping as well as one between parking lot and sidewalk.
o Board approved removal
· Six pines have died in the common area near HD and Canary Court. Will remove all six pines and stumps and replace.
o Board approved property manager to bid the following:
§ Six pines removed and grind stumps
§ Six pines removed and stumps removed
§ Install 2 pines
§ Install 3 pines
COMMON AREA: New item
· Signs around the ponds need wrapping at the bottom to protect them (like mail posts)
o Bryan will install
· Tree fallen next to the pool (“South side”) in middle of line of trees
o Bob and Bryan to look into removing the tree
· North islands – lights on every tree (like South entrance).
o Property manager will get a bid.
· Leaning tree in front of tennis court
o Bob and Bryan to look into options
· Missing boards on gate between tennis court an pool into Cherry Tree El
o Bob and Bryan to look into options
· Purchase of tables (replacement for cracked ones)
o Bryan will look into tables.
· Indy Pools removed tarps and winterized pool.
· Pool Landscape
o Bob and Bryan report at next meeting
· Indy Pool contract renew price is $14,558.00.Does not include extension (Third weekend of September; guards on weekends in Sept.) and two hours of cleaning.
· DRW construction was consulted and made a bid for the drain and we won’t receive new drain order until January.
· Pool house – equipment and storage room clean up.
· Pool cover for small pool has been ordered.
· Fence painting completed.
· Rebid contract with ASAP; sign contract by mid-October
Leistner $1,990.00/$350.00 per fountain
ASAP $2,990.00/$385.00 per fountain
Recommendation: Tentative approval to Leistner pending further contract review by ASAP.
· Fountain removed and stored at ASAP.
· Pond Health discussion –
o Primrose – Sprayed 9/13/08.
o Will have ASAP check it out since it is prominent again.Rip-raf and erosion.
o Board approved to put rock around culverts; will bid contracts.
· Management Fee: Increase of $775.00. Board will review and make decision.
· Website – sponsors
o Sponsors’ fees to be required by vendors. Motion approved to have sponsors’ fees set at $50.00 and non-sponsors’ fees are $75.00.
· Softball committee update
Joe Loomis will update information on website this weekend.
Phase I is completed of construction; a week earlier than anticipated.
Phase II will include the construction of a sidewalk from gate to school.
Parking may continue to be an issue when fields are completed.
· Dues Increase
Per Capital Improvement Plan, $40/annually fee increase. Increase would cover increase to operating budget and capital improvement plan. Increase would start in Apr/09, Homeowners to be notified in Dec/09 bill. Motion approved by Board.
Next Meeting: December 2 @ 6:00pm
Meeting adjourned at: 9:25 pm