September 2008 - HOA Board meeting minutes
Posted on Oct 9th, 2008
Avian Glen Homeowners Association Board Meeting
September 29, 2008
Present: Cindy Armour, Bob Percy, Bryan Klepinger, Vicki Shafer, Joe Loomis, James Murphy, Kevin Kultgen
· New positions:
President – Bob Percy
Vice-President – Bryan Klepinger
Treasurer – James Murphy
ARC – Joe Loomis
Secretary – Vicki Shafer
Armour Management Company – report by Cindy Armour
· Savings account balance as $51, 637.93
· Checking account balance as of 9/08 is $20,574.89
· CD account balance as of 9/08 is $22,753.54
· CD account balance as of 9/08 is $10,000.00
· 2007 Audit is complete.
· Tax return and Audit for 2008 completed
· Remain with Comer Nowling and Associates.
Homeowners’ Concerns from Annual Meeting: (Not addressed elsewhere)
· Look into using energy efficient light bulbs. In the future replacements, we will look into more efficient light bulbs.
· Look at tree at north entrance.
· Form ad hoc softball committee (Monitor construction and usage of fields; perspective of neighborhood). Joe will be the liaison and coordinate the information.
· Form nomination committee; in the by-laws.
· Form ad hoc capital improvement committee. Treasurer will oversee this committee. Explore increase of dues.
· Make sure the ARC is a committee and just one individual.
· Mailboxes – Received 3 emails back where homeowners have replaced mailbox but are now dented. All green mailboxes have been replaced.
· Status of landscaping
· Painting of fence
· Rebid Christmas Lights on first island trees at entrances, entrance walls, and wreaths
· Irrigation at North entrance: look into different nozzle. Not a leak.
· Irrigation box at front of Pool house needs to be checked.
· Six Spruce trees newly installed will be removed and ground repaired with a credit to our invoice.
· Seven Honey Locust will be installed in each island
· Fence painting around perimeter is complete
· Certa Pro will be spraying the pool fence. Front fences are complete
· Will rebid contract with Becker for next year (First Class, Engledow, Becker)
· Snow removal contract; last year we used A & R. Will also bid the landscapers for snow removal.
· All stumps removed and seeded. New stump in landscape area (near South entrance).
· Three pines have died in the common area near HD and Canary Court
· Two white pines were removed at south side of pool
· Purchase of tables (replacement for cracked ones) Bryan will look into tables.
· Indy Pools will remove tarps.
· Pool Landscape (Table for future discussion)
· Extend until the third weekend of September; guards on weekends in Sept.,
· Two hours of cleaning
· New Drain Legislation requires drain covers, sometimes replacement of drains.
· DRW construction (Cindy has used him in the past). Will look at the pool and provide free consultation.
· Rebid contract with ASAP; sign contract by mid-October
· Fountain will be removed in October; will delay until new contract is signed.
· Sidewalk repairs: need to be repaired by Homeowners Assoc. for common areas and homeowners are responsible for areas they own
· Insurance switched to CAU (need a two million policy)
· Website – use for notification of pool issues, news, social committee, etc, (Cindy puts in the information.) Homeowners need to register.
· 100% enrollment in website registration
· Expand capability of the Web site
Next Meeting: November 4, 2008 @ 7:00pm at Starbucks
Meeting adjourned at: 9:05 pm